Sunday, April 27, 2014

I recently upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview.

I love it! This is the best WP release to date. There is one problem I’ve run into that has been driving me nuts for the past few days. I finally found a fix for it, so I thought I would share it.
A lot of people are experiencing this issue. After upgrading, I was getting an error every time I tried to surf the web on my phone. The strange thing was that I was still connected to the internet. All my apps got their data (email, facebook, etc), but whenever I used the browser, I would get an error.

After a lot of searching, I found the solution here:
http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/275515-2.htm

The basic steps are:
1)Go to settings> Access Point
2)Write down all the settings from your current access point (tap and hold acces point and choose view to see settings)
3)Go back and create a new access point
4)Copy all the original access point settings to your new access point, but leave the proxy and port fields blank
5)Set your new access point as the active access point.
6)Start surfing the web!

I just got this working on my phone, and so far, so good. Only time will tell if the solution sticks, but from what I’m seeing out there… it works.

I hope this helps!

2 comments: