Thursday, June 17, 2010

Snippet Designer

I am a big proponent of code snippets. I use them all the time and I tend to write my own snippets for code I write over and over. Recently, I found a nice Visual Studio extension out in codeplex that lets you write your own code snippets a bit faster than editing the xml yourself. Although it isn’t very difficult, I have found this new method of writing snippets a bit faster, so I thought I would blog about it. If you are interested in trying this out, here is the url: http://snippetdesigner.codeplex.com/

The extension takes no time to install. once you have it installed, all you do is select the code you want to be created as a snippet and right click and export it as a snippet. From there, you open up a nice designer that lets you change the details of your snippet and create Replacements. It is a very cool tool and once you play around with it for a while, you’ll be creating snippets in no time and well on your way to saving time in your coding.

image

image

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment